Before work I had some extra time so I stopped at the house next door to where I found my little Charlie. I curiously stopped over at his old home to see if anyone was there, but they were not. The house next door has a small shop in it’s garage that sells seasonal fruit, veggies and collected antiques. I spoke with the old woman inside, telling her the story of Charlie. She brightened my day by telling me that his mother (a barn cat) has kittens at least once a year but she hasn’t in a while, so it is possible some are on the way. I would not be able to resist taking home one of his brothers or sisters! How exciting that would be. I bought the BEST peaches in the world from that woman, along with blueberries and strawberry/rhubarb jam. You can’t put a price on homegrown food!
I picked Carleigh up on my way home from work. Kat, Carleigh and I went to Uncle Cheetah’s Soup shop in Eastown. I am sad to say that although the food was delicious, I would give the customer service a C-. Bummer… I am such a GR advocate so I hate to write anything but good things! I don’t think the girl behind the counter was being truthful about the ice cream machine, containing PUMPKIN ice cream, being broken. Shame shame shame.
(Not my picture)
Back at the house I had about the most fulfilling and encouraging conversation about God and relationships with those girl. The best I have had in a while. I think I went to bed smiling, just knowing that there are people out there that happen to have the same crazy beliefs that I do and they surround me. I am truly blessed!

No comments:
Post a Comment